1/10/12

Preparation


So much to do.....

The classical school that I now teach in is a University Model. We teach three days a week, all the classes are honors or above, and it is parent involved. I love it! Mr. L. (the headmaster) did a great job yesterday getting me psyched up for another semester of learning. I still have four more week days in which to prepare. One of the beautiful things, teacher wise, about the school is that we have breaks long enough to prepare sufficiently, spend time with our number one disciples (our children) and to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually step back and evaluate, stimulate, and be still!
I have been emailing parents and students most of the morning about upcoming assignments, summaries of novels, due dates etc....and have already messed up on one due date, and can't blame renweb, the school software, but the unconnected web of my brain. Sometimes I really worry about myself. I thank God for grace.
In my personal life and my teaching life, I want to emphasize God's Word much more than I have in the past. I am praying for renewal in my heart, in my families' hearts, and in my students hearts. My passion in teaching is always to saturate whatever subject in a Biblical worldview. This year I want to even more open the eyes of my students to the powerful, pure, and beautiful word of God.
I have been studying II Corinthians for about six months or more, and have been meditating on the sixth chapter. It starts out in an incredible way; "Working together with Him...." What a statement Paul makes. This journey we are on is a joint endeavor. He says more about sanctification in four words than I have heard in some sermons. The next statement is just as powerful; "not to receive the grace of God in vain." That presupposes that we can. Case in point....God gives us grace for salvation right? No argument there. What about the grace to handle situations that cause us grief today? Just had a parent call and complain about an assignment. I am literally distraught. What do I do? I have a choice; wallow in self pity, self annihilation; and self doubt or call on the grace that God has supplied this day. I can't handle this by myself. I need a Savior to lead me back to Him, to show me that I am loved, and that together with Him He will use me in spite of my weaknesses. Thank you God. My blood pressure is now coming down.

More preparation on the way.................

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Praise God!