2/3/12

Refreshing Friday

 




The Refreshing hug of a best friend.................................


  Friday, I like Fridays.  Most Fridays promise a much needed break from whatever routine you are in all week.  Possibly bringing relaxation, exercise, and refreshment.  Now, not all weekends are far from refreshing, but even if it is just as busy, the switch up of patterns can have a rejuvenating affect.
     One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to be even more saturated in God's Word than ever before.  It seems that every morning has brought with it new challenges and temptations of time lost, new projects, and panics of things that "must" be done.

This is what I have been reading:
    2 Corinthians 7:1
 1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.
     
     These promises, the promise that 6:1 makes; that He wants to work through us.  "Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain."  Also, 6:16 “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."  Paul here is saying that God has already been among us, walked, talked, lived, and breathed among us.  He wants to continue with each one of His children.  Because of these promises we are to bring holiness to completion in the fear of God.  I cannot do that unless I live in His Word.  
     Which brings me back to Fridays....Just reading, meditating on what these words mean feels this morning like taking the kind of walk that spurs you on, that doesn't zap your energy, but refreshes it, like a Friday morning.  
     Thank you Father, for your Word that cleanses, promises much, clears my mind and lets me know how much you want and desire a relationship with your daughter.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Praise God!