7/15/11

Wishing


I have been reading and meditating on II Corinthians for several months now. Having only made it to the sixth chapter I keep reading those first few chapters over and over again. It is chocked full of verses that encourage us not to lose heart, have courage, and to walk by faith.



Wishing

Wishing I were smarter, more organized, less talk, faster to listen,
could pour out my energy into one thing and have that one thing be beautiful,
much more compassionate, did I mention smarter,
not prone to wander,
where was I.......

Wishing all about me was all about You,
Your grace, Your Son.
All that I want to do should revolve around You-
where You want to go, who You want to befriend,
who You want to talk to, listen to, love-
more often than not it's all about where I want to go,
who I want to befriend, what I want to say,
and who I want to listen to,

You say.....

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the Sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness,
and all these things will be given unto you.

"Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God.
Not that we are sufficient in ourselves
to claim anything as coming from us,
but our sufficiency is from God."
II Corinthians 3:4-5

Poor in spirit, mourning over my sin, desperately hungry and thirsty,
merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, and persecuted-
These are the ways You want for me.
Knowing that even when I manifest your ways,
they are still Yours.
So very different from what the world says to be-
completely opposite in fact.
Without trials, without sufferings, without times where all is withheld-
do we ever even catch a glimpse of these attributes?
Having trials, sufferings, withholdings, wilderness times we are called to die-

"Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies,
it remains alone;
but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
Whoever loves his life loses it,
and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
John 12:24-25

Wishing................all about You

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Praise God!